Search
image

“Zion Lutheran Church, across from City Hall, has been the spiritual home of German-speaking Lutherans since it was founded in 1755. At one time known as the “German Cathedral of Baltimore,” Zion was the first Lutheran church built in Baltimore. The current sanctuary was built in 1807. The parish hall, parsonage, and bell tower were added later. The entire complex was completed in 1913. Zion Lutheran offered a school with German and English classes, as well as many social organizations for immigrant men and women during their time of integration. Since the mid-20th century, Zion Lutheran has been the last church in Baltimore to hold German language worship services on a regular basis. Today the church remains a social gathering place for German speakers regardless of religious affiliation. Its garden offers a peaceful place for lunch and quiet reflection.”

Rate us and Write a Review

Cleanliness

Service

Ambience

Price

Browse

Your review is recommended to be at least 140 characters long

image

Show all timings
  • Monday09:00 AM - 05:00 PM
  • Tuesday09:00 AM - 05:00 PM
  • Wednesday09:00 AM - 05:00 PM
  • Thursday09:00 AM - 05:00 PM
  • Friday09:00 AM - 05:00 PM
image