The church itself was organized as the Lutheran Church on the Monocacy on November 26, 1738, by the Rev. John Caspar Stoever, Jr. and served a German congregation. During the early days of the church, congregants met at varying locations until the first home in Frederick, a log church was built in 1746. The log church was razed, and on that property today is the Rupp Hospitality House. A new Situs Judi Slot Online Gampang Menang was built, construction beginning in 1752. During construction the French-Indian War erupted and men left the construction of the church to fight in the war. This lasted seven years, but in 1762, the community gathered for the dedication of the new church. At this time, the church had a single tower. The remains of this church may be seen on the grounds today. It is also interesting to note that the second President of the US, President John Adams spoke and worshiped in this church on May 28, 1800.

Construction on the current church began in 1854 and was completed in 1855. The dedication of ‘the temple with twin towers’ was in December of that year. The twin towers rise to a height of 150 feet. It is an architectural style known as Norman Gothic.

The church can be visited and there are guided tours. Please contact the church office for more information.

Rate us and Write a Review






Your review is recommended to be at least 140 characters long